Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ironman dreams already?

I'd be willing to guess that everyone who has ever done an Ironman has dreams about it leading up to the race. I can recall many, and of course most of them are about things going horribly wrong. The one exception is the time I did, in fact, dream that I won Ironman Hawaii. The catch? The finish involved running a series of very small laps around my grandmother's living room (she lives nowhere near Hawaii, but for some reason, that was where the finish was) so I'm not sure how legitimate that win was.

Usually it's a dream where suddenly it's race day and I realize I'm severely undertrained, but maybe if I go slow enough, I'll still be able to make it through. I've never had the one where I get to T1 and my bike isn't there, but I've been late to the start. In some cases, I think really late. Like late enough that people were already finishing, but I decided to jump in the water and do the race anyway.

Last night I had a dream that I was in Hawaii (that was presumptuous of me, wasn't it?) I was with a bunch of my QT2 teammates and we were staying at this big hotel complex that was way, way way up the hill. So far up, in fact, that we woke up race morning and it had snowed. And for some other reason I still can't figure out, the swim was changed from the bay to this sort of tide pool roughly the size of a backyard pool.

These are the kinds of senseless ramblings you're going to get from me when I have a rest week and don't have too much training to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment